How Chargify Stores Billing Dates
Chargify stores several dates associated with each subscription:
- Current Period Start Date: Timestamp relating to the start of the current (recurring) period
- Current Period End Date: Timestamp relating to the end of the current (recurring) period (i.e. when the next regularly scheduled attempted charge will occur)
- Next Assessment Date: Timestamp that indicates when capture of payment will be tried or retried. For active subscriptions, this value will usually be the same as the Current Period Start Date. However, these dates will diverge if a renewal payment fails and must be retried. In that case, the Current Period End Date will advance to the end of the next period (time doesn’t stop because a payment was missed) but the Next Assessment Date will be scheduled for the auto-retry time (i.e. 24 hours in the future, in some cases)
- Trial Start Date: Timestamp for when the trial period (if any) began
- Trial End Date: Timestamp for when the trial period (if any) ended
Changing the Billing Date
You can change the next billing date of a Subscription yourself by clicking “change” next to the billing date.
After clicking “change”, you will have the opportunity to enter a new billing date.
This will set both the Current Period End Date and the Next Assessment Date to the specified date. If the subscription is trialing, it will also set the Trial End Date date to extend or shorten the trial period.